Loading...

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Resolutions...

So whats your resolution for 2012? Are you going on the essential diet like I am? I gained a whopping 40lbs last year due to pure laziness. Or are you dropping the major vices like smoking or drinking? For some it means a clean slate, for others it's just a year beginning tradition that only lasts about two weeks.
For my photography a new years resolution means taking the time to step back and examine my work and decide if it isn't time to try something new. I'm one of those people who is rarely content with the same thing over and over again. (Except maybe sushi 6 days a week).
The world has become so content with mediocre photography. While digital photography has made so many advancements one thing it hasn't advanced is it's ability to teach people the concept of basic composition and design. This constant immediate gratification of just because the magic 8 ball LCD in the back of the camera made an image appear that it's automatically worthy to post to the worked as a finished work has completely ruined almost all types of photography, but it's most obvious in the digital glamour realms.
Now for some, I come off as a very cocky self proclaimed "God" among mortals. On the contrary, I may take pride in the things I have accomplished but this by no means translates into knowing it all. As it stands what I believe and what I have been taught by photographers better than I; is when the nerves stop and the constant need to self improve sis to exist, it's time to hang up the camera straps. So here is to a new year filled with a new perspective, new enthusiasms (40lbs less photographer to lug around)

What are your thoughts? What are your photographic ambitions?

No comments:

Post a Comment